Livestock Sales - Operation Restrictions for conducting our Livestock Markets
due to the Coronavirus outbreaks
Following consultations between our Livestock Auctioneers Association, UK government and DEFRA it has been agreed that livestock markets can continue to operate but subject to the following recommendations:
. FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN
- Only buyers and vedors should attend
- No onlookers, visitors or public should attend
- It is advised no person over the age of 70 should attend
- No person who is ill or has any underlying health issue should attend
- No children or any lady who is pregnant should attend
- The market café is open subject to Covid-19 restrictions (take-away only)
Our prime-stock market is held as a slaughter only market for cattle, sheep and pigs. Sheep only markets are held on certain Bank Holidays under the 6-day standstill rules. Please refer to the “Forthcoming Sales” page for further details.
The live auction provides a transparent market place and the ability to achieve the best price and a quality premium with competition from a wide range of retail and wholesale buyers.
Most importantly, payment is guaranteed and made on the day of sale.
Monday Sale Times:
09:30 - Prime Pigs followed by Sows & Boars
10:00 - Prime Lambs followed by Ewes and Rams
11:00 - Young Bulls followed by Prime Cattle and OTM's
Our store and breeding stock market is held on a Thursday under the 6-day standstill rules. There are calves and store cattle every week; Seasonal sheep sales and store pigs on the first Thursday of every month.
Thursday Sale Times:
11:00 - Store Pigs
11:00 - Calves & Stirks
11:30 - Store Cattle
13:00 - Store Sheep