Livestock Forms & Identification
You do not have to pre-enter stock for either our Monday or Thursday markets, however it is recommended to do so in order to help us promote the entry and achieve the best price.
- All cattle born after 31st December 1997 must have an ear tag in each ear.
- Cattle coming to the market must be accompanied by a Cattle Movement Document as well a each animals individual cattle passport.
- The Cattle Movement Document incorporates the Food Chain Information and the Transport Declaration
- All sheep coming into the market must be accompanied by an AML1 form
- All lambs for slaughter must have 1 tag which can be electronic.
- All breeding sheep born after 31/12/09 must have 2 tags one of which must be electronic
- A quick guide to the rules for identifying sheep from 31st December 2009 can be downloaded from the DEFRA web site HERE
- To keep pigs you must be a registered pig producer with DEFRA and have a holding number and identification mark.
- All pig movements must now be notified using the on line eAML2 form through the eAML2 website. This also incorporates the Food Chain Information
- All pigs coming into the market must have a slap mark or alternatively an ear tag or tattoo with the holding identification.