Covid-19 Operating Guidelines
To make sure everyone visiting and working at York Auction Centre Sunday Market are kept safe and following government guidance on social distancing, market traders and customers are asked to follow the guidance below.
You may be asked to change the way you trade or leave the market if you are not following the guidance or social distancing.
General guidance for traders
- Do not come to the market if you have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Please let the market staff know if you become ill while you are trading
- Please always remember to maintain social distancing
- Let the market staff know if someone is not following the social distancing guidance
Guidance for trading
- Please follow any instructions given to you by the market staff
- You must provide a notice that you must put on your stall letting market visitors know not to touch anything
- Follow any signage displayed on the market
- Only bring items which can be place on or underneath a stall
- No racking, rails or build outs from stalls
- The market will close at 12noon for stalls to be cleaned
Guidance for vehicles and loading
- Please follow instructions from the market staff about loading and unloading vehicles
Guidance on waste
- Please clear any waste from your stall regularly and when the market has closed
- Please follow good hygiene techniques at all times
- Social distancing measures of 2m should be maintained in all parts of the market wherever possible.
- Please follow the guidelines on social distancing of 2 meters or in crowded areas where 2 metres is not possible keep 1 metre apart
- A hand sanitiser station has been placed at the main entrance and should be used on entering and leaving the market.
- Signs and posters are displayed in the toilets promoting both good handwashing techniques and increasing the frequency of handwashing.
- Please do not handle any of the goods for sale before purchase
- Face coverings should be worn from the 24th July in the enclosed areas of the Sunday market
This page will be updated in line with the latest government guidance.
Thank you for supporting our Sunday Market during this time.
If you have any queries, please contact Steve Barnes on 01904 486713