VENDOR AND PURCHASER INFORMATION
1. DELIVERY & REMOVAL OF LOTS:
- Saleground opening times for delivery and collection of lots are as follows:-
Friday/Saturday 8.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Monday/Tuesday 7.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m.
Day of Sale 7.00 a.m. – 8.30 a.m
(N.B. Strictly no acceptance of Lots after 8.30 am on sale day.)
Day of sale until 7.00 p.m.
Thursday & Friday 7.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m.
Saturday 7.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m.
Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m – 5.00 p.m.
- The main entrance area to the salefield, together with the loading ramp, will be closed for vehicles between 9am and 3pm.
- Restrictions will apply to fork lift loading services on sale days until after 3pm to maintain safe loading practices.
2. ELECTRICAL ITEMS:
- All electrical items must have a current electricians safety certificate before they can be offered for sale.
- An electrical safety testing service will be available at the saleground on the Tuesday prior to the sale day between 11 am and 5 pm. The cost of the service is £2 plus VAT per item tested.
3. LOADING/UNLOADING SERVICES: A fork lift is available free of charge to assist with the loading/unloading of lots and a loading ramp is also available. These facilities are provided entirely at the risk of the Vendor of Purchaser who must be responsible for supervision and the Auctioneers accept no liability whatsoever. Loading will only be undertaken in daylight hours for safety reasons.
4. PTOs, DOCUMENTS, KEYS & MANUALS:
Vendors: These must all be handed in to the site office for safe keeping on delivery of the lot to the saleground.
Purchasers:If any of these are held at the site office it will be announced by the Auctioneer at the time of sale.
5. VENDORS RISKS: All lots are accepted and remain on the saleground entirely at the vendors risk. No liability is accepted for loss or damage whatsoever unless the vendor has completed and agreed to the insurance provisions as set out on the machinery sale entry form.
6. PURCHASERS RISKS: On the fall of the hammer all lots remain on the saleground entirely at the purchasers risk. No liability is accepted for loss or damage whatsoever.
Note: Temporary compounds are located at all 3 salefield exit gates where small items can be handed in for safe keeping until a receipted invoice is obtained.
7. SECURITY: To assist with the security of lots whilst remaining on the saleground, security guards will be on duty during the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights of the sale week.
8. VALUE ADDED TAX: VAT at the standard rate will be charged on all lots marked by an "V" in the catalogue.
9. VIEWING: The saleground is open for viewing on the Tuesday prior to sale day until 7 p.m. and morning of sale from 8.30 a.m.
10. PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS:
All lots must BE PAID FOR ON THE DAY OF THE SALE and before removal from the saleground. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or card subject to the following:-
10.1Cheque payments from purchasers who are unknown to the Auctioneers must make one of the following arrangements BEFORE THE DAY OF THE SALE:
a) Provide a letter from your Bank addressed to York Machinery Sales confirming the amount up to which cheques can be accepted. The letter should include your account name and number and an authorised bank signature. This letter should be given to our cashiers at the time of payment.
b) Inform your own Bank that you wish to pay by cheque, stating the maximum amount you are likely to spend and ask for them to instruct our bankers by fax that it will be in order to accept your cheque. Our bankers are Lloyds, 2 Pavement, York YO1 9LB. Fax: 01904 612335.
Sort Code: 30-63-64 Account: 31816860
c) Arrange with your Bank Manager for the issue of a guaranteed cheque or bankers draft to be brought with you.
Credit Card and Debit Card payments can be made by VISA, DELTA and SWITCH only. A SURCHARGE OF 2% plus VAT is payable on the total purchase price on all Credit Card transactions.
10.2 Cash Payments: In order to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2003, we are no longer able to accept cash payments for sums in excess of £7,500. This includes single payments and multiple payments amounting to this sum.
10.3 Overseas Payments should be made by Inter Bank transfer to Lloyds, 2 Pavement, York YO1 9LB.
Sort code: 30-63-64 Account: 31816860, also quoting our international banking number GB19 LOYD 3063 6426 7032 68.